Before I formed you in the womb I knew you

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
-Jeremiah 1:5

Monday, May 13, 2013

627 Pounds-worth of Thanks


        So, how was your weekend? Ours was pretty nice. After I got in from work Friday, my parents and Ashley’s parents stopped by for a little while, which was great, and later a few more friends stopped by for a few minutes. All in all it was a pretty nice evening.

Oh yeah, and then there was this….
 
That’s what our yard looked like when we woke up on Saturday morning. Friday was, of course, our “Can Our Yard Night” fundraiser, so we spent Saturday cleaning up. We spent most of the morning raking cans into a huge pile then shoveling them into garbage bags. After loading up 4 cars with 627 pounds of aluminum, we began our caravan to Mitchell to Goodman’s for recycling. And though I’m not sure dad could see out of the back of his truck, and I drove most of the way with one hand because of the giant bag of cans in my passenger seat pushing against my side, we all made it safely there. After a few minutes of unloading (which, by the way, goes way faster than the loading), we had finished up another fundraiser and had another big addition to our adoption fund.
 

We wanted to thank all of you again so much for taking part in this fundraiser and for your donations. The amount of cans as well as separate donations that we received was more than we ever imagined and we’re so grateful. And a special thank you to the people at Goodman’s who were so kind and helpful to us on Saturday. Friday night (and even Saturday) was a lot of fun for us and we can’t tell you how much we enjoyed sharing that evening with you.

Now that we have that out of the way, we’ll get to work preparing for our home study in a couple of weeks. We’ll try to keep you all updated on how that goes after we get finished with it. We’re also planning on having some other events in the future, but we don’t have anything to announce yet. We’ll keep you posted on here when we get those nailed down. In the meantime, thanks for all you have done and all that you continue to do. Your support, prayers, and encouragement mean so much to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment