Before I formed you in the womb I knew you

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
-Jeremiah 1:5

Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12


            With Thanksgiving being this month, a lot of people on Facebook, myself included, have been listing things daily that what we are thankful for. Today my Facebook is overflowing to our blog. Day 12: I am thankful for our little boy. Some of you may think I am being crazy for being so thankful for someone I have never met, but I am. I have never felt something so close to me before. Jeremiah 1:5 says “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” This I truly believe.  I know God has a plan for Adam and I. I know our little boy is out there, waiting on us. I am sure at times he asks God “Really? You’re sending me to those crazy people?” However, I know God has him ready for us. This is the first blog post that I have actually written myself. I think that Adam has done a great job with it, so I am going to screw it up for him by telling my side of things and how much God is working to bring my boy home. 

I have always thought about adoption, interracial adoption in particular. Even when I was little, I would ask my mom for an African American baby doll (which I got because she is awesome). After trying for two years to have a kiddo, things weren’t going so great. So off to the doctor we went. There I found out I had a fibroid tumor and some cysts. After leaving the doctor’s office, headed home, Adam and I discussed adoption. Turns out he had been thinking the same thing for quite a while. The next few weeks we talked and prayed about it more, thinking of where we would want to go, what kind of racial background we wanted, how old, and a million other questions. During this time I was also a little freaked out about what may happen with my health. After Adam and I decided that adoption was God’s path for us and went for my second ultrasound, I found out that everything was gone. No cysts, no tumor, just a miracle.

The next thing we did was start this wonderful blog and let out family know. I was very worried about how some people may take this news, especially since this is such a small town and we are going outside of our race. By God’s grace almost everyone has been amazingly excited/happy for us. People that I was nervous about the most (especially with the whole racial issue) see no problem at all.  But it wasn’t all rainbows and sunshine. There was one in particular that was not as excited as most. This one has really bothered me and I am still struggling with it. When talking to this person, they seem to think that everything that could go wrong will. That we are not financially stable, our child will have health problems, be drug addicted, and (not to mention) black. And to this person being black in a small town might be the most terrible thing. I hate that they are so negative about this. It breaks my heart in so many ways but I think that this is just a test. God is testing our strength, willpower, and faithfulness. We need to trust Him and the path He’s put us on, and let Him deal with the negativity.

This past Saturday we had our first fundraiser selling concessions at an auction. On Friday we were supposed to meet a man at the fairgrounds to let us look at the kitchen so we could figure out what we needed. The man never showed up. However, there were two yard sales setting up and both were people we knew. We were able to let them know we were selling food, which I think helped us sell a lot more. After selling our food, we were able to go back and talk to the two ladies that were having the yard sales. They ended up donating all of their things that they had left over. The women that were with them, who we’d never met, donated their leftover items as well. We were able to completely pack my mother’s, Adam’s and my car, and even had to put a few things in Adam’s mother’s car. SO MUCH STUFF! What are the chances, that the day we work at an auction, not one, but two people we know are having yard sales at the same place on the same day!? With this many things, we think we will be able to have an extra yard sale to help raise money just because we have so much! On Saturday, when we were setting up, I felt like anything that could go wrong went wrong. We forgot a can opener, went home & got it, then it broke. We showed up late so the coffee wasn’t ready and people were getting upset, then when it was ready, it was too cold and weak. We forgot many things and had to make multiple trips to go get them. But after all the stress in the beginning, things calmed down and we had a very good day. We were able to raise over $400, and are that much closer to getting our little boy. God is good.

I keep saying my little boy, William (Will) David Brown because that’s who God is going to bless us with. Like I said earlier He knows us before he formed us. We may end up with a little girl, which is fine, but I can feel him. I know him. I tell Adam I miss him (and he actually doesn’t think I’m crazy…that I know of that is).  So far (I know we just started) we have met some amazing people and been blessed by so many. We were told that God will use our adoption to touch a lot of people and I have seen that already. The kindness and generosity of some people have been over whelming.  It is such an amazing thing to feel what you truly are meant for in your life; the moment when God says, “Yes, this is what I have planned for you”. So I just want to say “Thank You” to everyone who has supported us so far. And it’s only beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment