Before I formed you in the womb I knew you

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
-Jeremiah 1:5

Monday, November 26, 2012

Just a little something


It’s time for me to share with all of you a condition I’m suffering with. I have a Christmas problem. There’s no other way of saying it really. Just looking at the calendar and seeing that it’s 4 weeks away made my heart beat a little faster. I really love Christmas. As soon as Thanksgiving ends, my mind goes directly to Christmas. I spend a good 30% of most days thinking about Christmas stuff. Add that to the time I waste thinking about IU basketball, and it will be surprising if I get anything else done this month.

But our adoption process has had a big impact on how we view our Christmas this year. We’ve planned since the beginning of this process to start talking to agencies and making real progress after the first of the year, so by next Christmas we might have our child home. It’s odd to think that this could be the last Christmas with just the two of us, but the idea of our adoption process really kicking into high gear has us very excited. It’s like we have this amazing Christmas gift that isn’t under the tree and can’t be opened yet, but will arrive several months later and will change everything. And, although the wait can be excruciating at times, we couldn’t be happier about the gift that is on its way.

As we get ready for the excitement of Christmas and the excitement of our adoption process, we’re also working on other projects that are keeping us busy. We still have our “Jeremiah 1:5” bracelets available for $5 each, as well as our t-shirts for $20 (see picture below). If you’re interested in either, let us know either on here, facebook, or email (adambrown47108@gmail.com) and we’ll get it taken care of for you. We’ll be putting in another t-shirt order soon and they should take around a week to get finished, so make sure we get all of your contact info so we can get it to you. Thanks again to everyone who has been so supportive of our mission already. You guys are amazing.

There are also a few other fundraiser things we’re working on that we will (hopefully) have details on soon. We have some ideas that, if everything works out, could go a long way toward helping with our adoption costs. We’ll let all of you know what’s going on once we get our next fundraiser finalized, so just keep checking here and we’ll keep posting updates on Monday nights. Everyone have a great week and, as always, thanks for reading.
-Adam
 
And thank you Stacia for being our model :)


No comments:

Post a Comment