Before I formed you in the womb I knew you

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
-Jeremiah 1:5

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Busy Bees

We're right in the middle of a very busy month, so we wanted to update everybody on what we have coming up. Next weekend we'll be selling concessions at an auction just down the road from our house on Orchard Rd. in Salem. You can find the auction listing in the newspaper or on salemleader.com to see if there's anything you're interested in buying. Even if there's not, you can come say hi and buy a hot dog or a piece of pie from us.
The next Friday and Saturday (26th and 27th) will be our yard sale in Orleans. It's going to be huge! We'll be at 6208 N. Co. Rd. 75 E (right behind Paoli Inc.) and we'll have just about everything. We spent most of our day Saturday pricing items and boxing everything to take it to Orleans. There are so many boxes that they've overtaking most of our house. So come out both days and buy some stuff. Please! Help me get my house back!
The first weekend in May will be a break for us (finally!) before we get to the event that I'm most excited about: Can Our Yard Night! I honestly cannot wait for this. I've been excited about this since we first heard of the idea, but I don't think I've been excited as some of you have. It's been months since I've gone more than a few days without having someone say how much they're looking forward to trashing our yard. It's got me a little concerned how much some of you are getting in to this. It makes me wonder what kind of terrible things I've been doing to you people that you'd get this excited over dumping trash in my yard!
Regardless, between 6-11 that night, you can dump all the aluminum cans you like into our yard and we'll be glad to take them. We're going to be roping off the area where you can dump them (to keep any from getting to the neighbor's yard), and we'll also have an area where you can pull into the yard and unload. People tend to drive a little too fast on our road, so we'd rather have you drive through the yard and keep everyone safe. I'm sure we'll have more details to fill you in on as the time gets closer.
Other than that, we're still playing the waiting game. Our case worker is expecting to do our home study sometime in May (let's all pray it's not during Can Our Yard Night. She'll think we're slobs!), we're just waiting on some scheduling things at her office to be resolved. The home study is our next step, and waiting for it to be scheduled has been stressful, so I can't imagine what the wait for our child will be like. We're so fortunate that we have those of you who have helped us so much. Whether it's been through your donations, fundraiser help, or prayer, it's uplifted us through this process. Even the times when we've been stressed have been a blessing because we have so many wonderful friends who've chosen to take this journey with us. We're more grateful to you than you could ever know.
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment